The Creative Director is responsible for overseeing all creative solutions and team members to ensure the agency produces high-quality creative deliverables for its clients. In this role you will define the creative vision for brands, campaigns, and marketing messages through your holistic understanding of the entire creative process. The successful candidate is experienced in branding, highly imaginative and an inspiring and effective manager of talent.
The Creative Director makes certain that the visuals, messaging, and interactive elements of a project are properly aligned with the creative vision and brand standards. You will need to feel comfortable working alongside the account services team to lead creative and design-related discussions.
Depending on the engagement, the Creative Director may be heavily involved in the formation of ideas for copy and design to lead the creative process. At other times, you may be in an oversight role, providing feedback to ensure that the concept is designed properly within the development phases to meet brand consistency.
Role & Responsibilities
The Creative Director’s role and responsibilities include:
- Being the go-to colleague for all things visual for a client’s brand including developing and presenting visual strategy concepts to internal colleagues and client contacts
- Partner with strategists to spearhead brand solution work, guiding the visual strategy development process
- Provide guidance and leadership to a team of designers and/or creative professionals and review all their digital and print production work to ensure it reflects the client’s brand and a high-quality output
- Oversee the presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverable
- Help a creative team overcome obstacles that arise within a project and offer solutions
- Give updates on the progress of each project and stage of their development and creation phase to account management leadership and SVP, Marketing Services
- Spearhead professional development and department growth opportunities for your direct reports
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer needs, and the competitor landscape across agency client base
- 80% billability
- Client meet or exceed rating on performance reviews
- Internal meet or exceed rating on performance reviews
- 8-10+ total years of relevant professional experience, with 5+ years as a Creative Director in an agency or corporate setting
- Proven experience in creating marketing/advertising campaigns— from developing the vision and messaging platform to overseeing production on time and within budget
- Deep expertise in creating integrated content across all marketing channels: digital, social media, paid media, mobile, web, offline, and print
- Strong creative vision, with an eye on business objectives
- Proven ability to develop successful visual design strategies and concepts
- Proficiency in leading a team of diverse, talented creatives
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, permanent work-from-home salaried position requiring very infrequent travel to client locations. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Our benefits include:
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Company-sponsored retirement program
- Permissive Paid Time Off (PPTO)
About ClearEdge Marketing
ClearEdge Marketing is a fully integrated agency trusted by growth-obsessed talent and HR tech companies to light the way to success. We’re bright thinkers who craft super-smart strategies that accelerate pipelines and make brands matter whatever comes their way. Think digital, creative, utterly targeted, data driven and ahead of the curve. We spark conversations that ignite relationships between brands and their audiences — and make them stick.